15 Jan Things to do when leaving for the summer
Posted at 18:15h in Home Watch Tips
On the Day of Departure:
- Empty refrigerator and freezer; disconnect and leave door slightly ajar.
- Run 1 dozen ice cubes and 2 or 3 tablespoons baking soda in the garbage disposal to clean blades.
- Empty dishwasher.
- Set timers on lights.
- Drain and disconnect water heater.
- Strip bedding.
- Cover drains with stopper and duct tape.
- Cover and seal toilets.
- If using chemical mildew inhibitors, cover air passages with 2 ml thick plastic.
- Set burglar alarm.
- Check air conditioning for accurate settings.
- Set off insect “bombs” or “foggers”, if desired.
- Lock doors and secure exterior.